Having trouble starting the essay for your NorSec2018 application? We have tried to gather some relevant sources for inspiration below. The different databases, articles and papers are roughly sorted in the relevant categories “general-“, “economic-“, “security & military-” and “geopolitical related sources”, but some sources cover several aspects:
- Unpacking the complexity of China´s rise : Center for Strategic & International Studies (CSIS)
- A source for information related to China´s rise as a superpower. Gives insight into many relevant topics.
- China’s Imperial President: Xi Jinping Tightens His Grip Economy, Elizabeth C. (2014) Foreign Affairs, Volume 93, No.6.
Economic related sources:
- “After China’s 19th Party Congress – implications for the regional architecture and order” Ho, Shaw & Benjamin Ho(2017) Newsletter CSIS
- Also covers a bit of geopolitical aspects.
- “China’s Rise to Global Economic Superpower” Kamrany, Nake M. & Frank Jiang. Huffington Post, World Post.
Security and military related sources:
- Russia and China in Central Asia Cooley, Alexander (2015) Policy Brief, Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI)
- Also cover some economical aspects.
- China’s Cyber Sovereignty Schia, Niels Nagelhus & Lars Gjesvik (2017) Policy Brief, Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI)
Geopolitical related sources:
- China’s Political Priorities in the Nordic Countries: from technology to core interests Hellström, Jerker (2016) Policy Brief, Norwegian Institute of International Affairs (NUPI)